Thursday, January 29, 2004

Life can be incredibly unfair at times.

I'm hunting for a new job. I've had interviews all over the country - Atlanta, Los Angeles, Nashville, Washington DC, San Antonio, New York and I've got another one in Detroit tomorrow. Until yesterday, the jobs I get aren't ones I want... the jobs I want aren't ones I get. But all that changed in an instant when I got the job offer of my dreams at a salary higher than I've ever been offered before. But I can't take it because even at that salary, I can't afford to live in the location of the job. They're not willing to let me telecommute (which is something that's possible given what I do), so I'm stuck, because while it APPEARS to be a lot of money, it's really less than what I made here. How's that for bad karma?

Oh well... I keep looking. Maybe something new will come along.

But we finally made it out of the neighborhood yesterday. And as suspected, only my neighborhood still had ice on the streets. The people who live on the road that connects my neighborhood to the main city street have parked their vehicles on the street. They apparently don't care that as a result, the street scrapers can't get by and clear MY block.

But folks are still getting into accidents out there, sliding around on the pavement. I just don't get it. You'd think that even if people were totally unfamiliar with icy roads, it would only take ONE ice storm for them to learn that cars don't have traction on ice. Even four-wheel drive vehicles don't have traction when there's NO tractable surface available for ANY of the wheels to touch.

Unfortunately, they don't. So people die. Sad, really.

Anyways, I have another house showing today. Maybe these people will buy it - no train, ya' know.

No comments: