Saturday, July 14, 2012

Time Slips

Time slips away.  As John Lennon said, "life is what happens while you're making other plans."

Since Cam's birth, I've barely had time to think, let alone to write.  The result is that I've not worked on any of my books, haven't really written any articles (business or otherwise), haven't felt "productive".

But the truth is that my job, today, is to raise my child.  Which means that all of the other things that I thought were important, just aren't.  So I don't write, unless it's to record stuff about him.

Life, though, is DEFINITELY happening.  Since the last post we've moved and I've switched jobs.  More importantly, Tina and I shuffle things around on a daily basis to make Cam's life better.  My life is just about making his better.

And I love it.

I wasn't sure I could do this parenting thing.  He didn't come with an instruction manual and I was hard pressed to understand why they would let us take him out of the hospital at 4 days old without any kind of certification, training or guaranty of our ability to keep him alive.  But they did, and we have.

It's taken lots of long, sleepless nights... and more money than one could ever contemplate.  But it's totally worth it the moment I hear him get up in the morning and ask Tina for "Da".

No comments: